Hi ladies! Our today’s hero is Kerastase Elixir Ultime Versatile Beautifying Oil
About my hair: naturally long, prone to dryness and breakage. It looks quite good when I take care of it, though
But when I bought this oil, I had very dry hair ends.Product info:
How To Use
Apply 2-4 pumps depending on hair length throughout lengths and ends of dry or towel-dried hair. Style as desired.
Multi-use oil may be applied the following ways:
- Pre-Cleanse: Apply to brushed hair and rinse out before applying shampoo to remove impurities
- Pre-Blow Dry: Apply to towel-dried hair and blow dry as normal for additional protection
- Finishing: Work into the ends of the hair to control frizz, smooth and style
- Touch-up: Apply a drop to ends throughout the day for a touch of shine as needed
Revives the natural strength of hair, providing nourishment deep into the hair fiber and gives the hair ultimate shine.
- Maize Oil delivers emollient and anti-oxidant active ingredients for ultimate shine
- Pracaxi Oil for shine, nourishment and deep conditioning to the hair
- Camellia Oil helps smooth the hair fiber, resulting in incredible shine
- Argan Oil to restore strength to the hair and protects it from external aggressors
Volume: 100 ml.
Color: the oil is absolutely transparent (so there is nothing to be afraid of, dear blondes, this oil won’t dye your hair)
Consistency: the oil is quite liquid-y.
Fragrance: I’m crazy about it! But unfortunately the perfume doesn’t linger on my hair.
The oil softens my hair right after the first application, and when used regularly, makes hair ends as soft as the hair near the roots.
it makes my hair even and smooth;
the effect truly takes care of the hair and prevents breakage, ;
conceals split ends, but only for one day;
a handy pump with which you can easily get the right amount of oil;
the bottle looks splendid;
the fragrance is enjoyable, but unfortunately it doesn’t last on my hair.
the glass bottle is rather a minus, because it’s easy to break, which happened with my last bottle of oil;
the oil doesn’t last as long as other treatments like this;
it’s easy to overdo and make your hair appear greasy.
How I use it?I apply the Elixir Ultime onto dry clean hair, ‘cause it’s easier to control the amount of oil this way. As a result, it makes my hair soft and smooth. Honestly, no other treatment (and I’ve tried a lot of them) can make my hair so soft. It’s a main pro.
As for the smoothness, sometimes my hair becomes smooth only in a couple of hours after the application. I don’t know why, really.
Sometimes I apply the oil onto wet hair before I blow dry it, and thus the oil serves as a heat protection. The result is pretty good but again, don’t apply too much.
My hair now:
Do I recommend this leave-in treatment?
- Yes, if you are okay with the price. The oil is pleasant to use and fulfils all the promises.
- No, if the price is too high for you, since there are a lot of leave-in treatments that do the same job.
- No, if you aren’t satisfied with your hair condition and are planning to improve it with this oil only. It can’t work wonders, you know.
I’ve read many negative reviews from girls who had high expectations. But the condition of your hair depends not only on leave -in treatments, but on your hair care regimen in general. Oils, and masks, and conditioners and shampoo are equally important (the latter to a lesser extent, though). If you want to improve your hair, improve your hair care routine. No oil can give you a desired result if other treatments were chosen wrong.
Will I repurchase this oil?
I don’t think so. It’s a good product, but it hasn’t become my must have.