I had Xiaomi Yeelight LED smart bulb before, but it was white. This time I’ve decided to try another version of the bulb for my kitchen.
I like Xiaomi, it’s a good brand.
The comparison with white light bulb:
To begin with, the smart bulb can also be used as a common white bulb with 10W lumen output.
You can just turn it on and forget that it’s smart
Although it’s much more interesting when you download and install the app and start using it smart
The app provides the following functions:
- Hue choice.
- Flowing light mode: the color changes automatically.
- Bright white color in a single click.
- The mode of color changing in time with music on your phone.
- Countdown timer. The bulb can be scheduled to turn on and off at preset times.
- Wakeup. The bulb turns on 15 min before you wake up.
- Scenes. There are different colors available for any occasions. For instance, you can find scenes for movies, romantic dates, etc. You can also add your own scenes.
Moreover, the bulb can save your favorite light settings.
Yep, the light bulbs have a firmware too
The examples of lighting in a lamp:
By the way, I’ve noticed some peculiarity about Xiaomi light bulbs. The thing is that they squeak a teeny bit! It’s not really noticeable, if you don’t put your ear close to it, but still.
I think, it's a great dupe for very expensive Philips Hue.