China is the best place to purchase some smart wares from, because of its quality and it's relatively inexpensive as opposed to Philips, Samsung
One of the most reliable Chinese brands is Xiaomi. Yeelight brand as Xiaomi affiliate releases smart bedside lamps and light bulbs.
So today I’m going to review Xiaomi Yeelight Smart LED Touch Bedside Lamp.
It’s just a teeny bit pricey, but I’ve been using it for a year now and I can say that it’s totally worth the money.
I got the lamp in a sturdy paper packaging, so there was no way to damage it.
The material is great! The lamp is made of glass with the aluminum bottom where you can find smart firmware with Bluetooth 4.0
enabling to control the lamp from the phone. I was sold by its simple yet stylish design.
The bottom is made of rubber so the lamp will not slip.
● Lumen: 300Lm
● Wattage: 10W
● Lamp input power: 12V 1A
● Input raitng: 100-240V, 50-60HZ, 0.5A
● Working life: 20000hrs
Product Size ( L x W x H ): 8.00 x 8.00 x 18.00 cm / 3.15 x 3.15 x 7.09 inches
Package Size ( L x W x H ): 15.00 x 10.00 x 20.00 cm / 5.91 x 3.94 x 7.87 inches
Weight: 680 g
Color Temperature: 1700K-6500K
There are only 2 buttons on the lamp to turn on/off and change the light mode.
The main peculiarity of this bedside lamp is its Touch board.
In other words, you can slide your finger on the rounded surface of the lamp and it would change the color or brightness which is very convenient, as there’s no need for a smartphone then.
The control operation is also carried out by smartphones with Android or IOS.
The app provides the following functions:
- you can choose any color out of 16 million:
- you can set schedules to turn it on or off at preset times.
- Night mode. You can simply tap on the touch board and the lamp turns on. It’s very suitable when you don’t want to look for the button at night.
- Wakeup. It’s the best function for me. 30 min before you get up the lamp gradually lights up from hardly noticeable to the bright white color. Thus, it simulates the sunrise. The function helps me to get up and wake up easily.
- Connection with Xiaomi Mi band. The lamp detects that you fell asleep and turns off automatically. It’s safe and flawless. The connection with Bluetooth 4.0 is very power-efficient.
Screenshots from the app:
I’ll tell you how I use the lamp. So, I fall asleep with hardly noticeable lamp light. The lamp turns off automatically after receiving the information from Mi band. In the morning I wake up with gradual lightening of the lamp. Moreover, I use it as additional light in the evening.
All in all, I think it’s a quality bedside lamp from the tireless Chinese!
Thanks for reading my review!
Other review about Xiaomi products: