I’ve finally become a big Xiaomi aficionado. It all started with the fitness tracker Mi Band 2, then I bought a wireless speaker, which made me happy every morning since then. Also, I ordered a Xiaomi pen, Xiaomi sunglasses, which I do not like at all and of course the Xiaomi RedMi Note 4 smartphone, which was a great value for the price.
And now Xiaomi again, this time it's the smartwatch.
When I first heard about the smartwatch, I put it in my basket without hesitations.
The package included the Smartwatch, the charger and the exchangeable wristband. I chose the colorful watch, with an orange bracelet.
The smartwatch is lightweight, I don’t feel it on my wrist. The weight is 32 g. The Huami Amazfit Bip actually bears a slight resemblance to Apple smartwatch.
1. The screen is square, about 1.28 inches. The touch screen is colorful and very informative. You have to install the app, and the background can be easily changed. I have put the following features on the screen: date, time, weather and pedometer. The Smartwatch is equipped with a Gorilla Glass 3, which protects the screen from damage. Even in very bright sun, you can see what’s going on on the screen. If you want to see the time on the Huami Amazfit Bip at night, all you have to do is turn your hand around and the backlight the screen will turn on. In order to wake the screen up, press the only button on the smartwatch. This is very easy and convenient. And if you hold this button, the training mode will turn on.
2. My watch is really colorful. There are many colors available, including the standard black and white. Mine has a rubberized surface, it doesn’t irritate the skin on my wrist.
3. The housing is waterproof. But I have doubts about it, that's why I do not swim or shower with the smartwatch on. But when cooking, I have it on, and my hands are often in contact with water, but everything works wonderfully still.
4. Connecting to the phone is easy. The Huami Amazfit Bip works well with iOS and Android. Now I have Samsung S8 Plus. When connecting the two devices, there was no difficulty at all.
5. Two languages available: English and Chinese.
6. Athletes will love the Huami Amazfit Bip Smartwatch. It has GPS on it and supports various activity modes: outdoor jogging, treadmill jogging, cycling and walking.
The smartwatch informs us about calorie consumption, heart rate and the distance traveled. Like the Mi Band 2, this watch is designed to work with Mi Fit.
In this app you can see the number of steps, the training sessions and the sleep data. In addition, the alarm times can be changed, as well as the theme and the percentage of the battery.
Furthermore, friends can be found with the app and you can compete with them.
7. Like the Xiaomi phones, the Smartwatch also has a powerful battery:
90 mAh; ~ 45 days (running mode without GPS)
My last charge was 19 days ago and the battery still has 16%. That will be enough for about 3 days. I'm pretty sure it would last 45 days only if the screen is in the monochrome mode and without Bluetooth, which is rather inconvenient, I find. Anyway, even 19 days is a lot. For example, the Samsung smartwatch needs to be recharged daily.
8. My favorite features:
In addition, you can read the news on Viber, Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram and see calls (for me, this is a very convenient feature).
The pedometer. On the smartwatch, I can see how many steps I walked during the day and how my heartbeat was during training.
9. Setting preferences Huami Amazfit Bit:
All you have to do is install the Mi Fit app, turn on Bluetooth, and the information will be sent to the watch. In the app, you set the time and date and it will be also displayed on the smartwatch. Everything is very simple and easy to understand here.
10. Price: About $70