For a long time I was dreaming of meeting the Benefit blushes. They are definitely best-selling products by the brand and faves of many makeup artists. From time to time the brand releases such bars, which include full-sized products and I decided that one such bar would be a great option for me.
Package: It’s a thick cardboard palette with a magnet closure. Inside, the palette has a big mirror. I want to draw your attention to the smell of the palette - it’s amazeballs. It’s so summer-like, floral and intense.
The palette houses:
- Galifornia - coral blusher with a satin effect on the skin. It looks natural with a warm-toned makeup and utterly stunning over tanned skin. The design is on fleek. The pan is full-sized (the minis don’t have that beautiful sun pattern. Just an even surface.)
- Gold Rush - shiny rose gold shade. It’s a new shade from Benefit of 2018. This one will be perfect for a fresh and everyday makeup look. The golden shimmer disappears along with the first swipe of the brush, so you can be sure that there won’t be any undesired shimmer left on your cheeks.
- Dandelion - such a gentle pink blusher with a matte finish. It’s a great option for those who are afraid to overdo their blusher. It won’t be practically possible to do with this product for sure, because the shade looks absolutely ephemeral. I use this product only when I want to add a hint of the blusher on my face (for example when my eye makeup is very active). It’ll be such a nice shade for those girls with a fair skin tone.
- Hoola - this is that very popular bronzer. Matte, warm-toned and a perfect go-to when you want your skin look like “I spent last week in the Caribbean”. If your skin is too light, then you’d better toss this product.
- Rockateur - shiny peach blush, which sometimes shines into pink color. This is also the color that will flatter any makeup look.
There was also a small brush provided, but I haven’t found a use for it yet.
My makeup with Galifornia:
Makeup with Gold Rush:
Makeup with Dandelion:
Makeup with Rockateur:
Here I used the bronzer Hoola in all the makeups, except the one with the Dandelion blush.
So, what are the pros of this Blush Bar?
1. For $58.00 I’ve gotten 5 (!!) full-sized products, which separately cost about $26 each.
2. Each product is undoubtedly a hit by the brand. This is why it’s super pleasant to get them together in one bar.
3. The quality of the products is superb: even a newbie will manage these blushes and a bronzer, because they have average pigmentation and a silky texture, which show amazing results on my skin.