Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation is the product to hide everything. It can easily stay put for more that 5 hours without looking cakey or anything.
💜 PRODUCT DETAILS
A feather light, oil-free formula with an airy mousse texture that won’t feel heavy or greasy. Delivers all day shine control and blends flawlessly for a natural looking matte finish. Minimizes the appearance of pores. The wait is over – finally, shine has met its matte.
💜 DESIGN AND PACKAGING
○ The product is housed in an inverted tube with a nozzle. The bubble is matte, showing us that the mousse has a matte finish. The tube has white-beigy-purple colors.
○ Some information on the tube
○ The top cap is simple to screw. I noticed that when the product is almost used up, it becomes rather tricky to get it out of the tube. I mean it becomes very difficult to control the amount of the coming out product. Sometimes I press the tube and get the tiniest bit of the product, while other time I’ll end up with the amount to make-up ten people in a row.
○ The product expires after 18 month of opening. The size is 30ml which is enough for me to use up within the expiration date.
○ The product seems to have no fragrance. As for the shade I opted for the #100 Ivory and it matches my skin color perfectly well. Texture-wise the product is very heavy. I thought that mousse is something lightweight and feather-like but this product is different. The texture is very heavy to apply, wear and feel.
○ In this photo you can see the unblended product so you can understand the consistency and texture. The product is easy to blend out by the way, but still it feels like a mask on my face.
💜 IN ACTION
○ My skin isn’t perfect. I have sensitive skin which is overactive to everything. I’m very upset about this factor and don’t want to show you my bare skin but I will, as my review is honest.
○ In the first photo you can see my bare skin with a moisturizing cream over it. In the photo below I applied the product by Rimmel as thin layered as possible, and blended it out properly.
○ Total look. The product hides all my blemishes and really mattifies my skin. I don’t like a dead matte finish so I always highlight my cheekbones.
○ After a few hours of wearing the foundation starts creasing. A few more hours later I can see that my skin looks flaky. And after 5-6 hours I have to touch up to look decent.
This is a total look with the product on. Sometimes I use it as a concealer. ____________________________________
♡ Matte finish
♡ Doesn’t clog pores
♡ A little goes a long way (even though the tube wastes the product from time to time)
♡ Easy to blend
♢ Heavy consistency
♢ Shows blemishes after a few hours of wearing if you don’t touch up
♢ Stains clothes and phone even a few hours after application
The price is about $5. Rather affordable, I presume. Now I almost used up the second tube and despite all the disadvantages, I’ll definitely repurchase, as I’ve never seen such a budget-friendly product with the coverage it gives.