My eternal love with the Urban Decay Eye Pencils started unexpectedly. Once I ordered an eyeshadow palette on the official site, and they gave me a travel-sized eye pencil in the color SMOKE. From the first time I applied it on my eyes I understood that I finally found my ideal eye pencil. It holds on the entire day, doesn’t smudge or travel south towards my cheeks. So this is a story of how love has turned into passion.
So, UD’s eye pencils are fantastically soft while application and “fatty” to some extent in consistency which lets them stay put for so long and never travel down or smudge.
The pencils are easy to use if you want to vary the width of your line. They set within 30 seconds, so you definitely have time for blending if needed. As for blending... oh, that’s something, guys! I’ve never had an eye pencil be so easy to blend out (I’m the person with extremely oily eyelids for a reference)
Now I don’t even worry that my eye pencil can be smudged or look awful. I just wear it all day without touch-ups and every moment I’m sure that I look great. Even on my lower lash line it looks and holds awesome.
The only thing this product can’t do is stay well on my waterline. But I won’t take a star off for it, since even the water resistant eye pencils don’t stay there on my eyes.
I also want you to pay attention to the variety of colors in the collection. On the eyes they all look bright, bold and expressive.
Now I possess 16 colors (some of them are travel-sized, some of them are double colored and even one pencil is full sized). In the photo I’ll show you some colors on my eyelids and all of them on the swatches. I took pictures in different lighting to give you a maximum of comprehension of what each color is like.
By the way, I don’t have any problems removing the products from my eyes.
Color description: (all the colors are marked in the photo)
1. Perversion – Blackest matte black
2. Venus - A soft off white shimmer. Most frequently I use it on the waterline to highlight it and make my eyes brighter
3. Crave - darkest brownish black matte. By the way colors #2 and #3 are in one pencil which UD created especially for the Naked Basics release
4. Stash – Dark green gold metallic. I adore this color. It’s very unusual
5. Sabbath – Deep navy matte
6. Zero – Zealous black
7. Corrupt – Dark metallic reddish brown shimmer with silver micro sparkle
8. Black Market – Charcoal black satin
9. Smoke – Deepest grey matte
10. Demolition – Deep matte brown
11. Desperation – Deep grey taupe matte
12. West – Dark brown pearl
13. Rockstar – Dark aubergine shimmer
14. Riot – Smokey grey matte with violet and fuchsia micro sparkle. One of my faves
15. Apathy – Metallic olive green shimmer
16. Ink – Deep navy blue satin
Have a look