Hello everybody! 🌈
This spring has met me with this limited edition beautiful all-in-one palette for eyes, lips, and cheeks!
🌈Yves Saint Laurent SHIMMER RUSH MULTI-PALETTE 🌈
Limited edition, that means unique, which is so pleasant 😊
A chromatic light spectrum reveals a mix of shimmery and contrasting shades. Four eyeshadows with powerful optical effects and two intense lips and cheeks rosy shades. Get the perfect makeup for the ultimate thrill!
Made in Canada
The box is done in the classy YSL style. Here we have a paper box with black lettering, description and the list of ingredients.
The palette is a piece of art. Honestly, it was the palette design that hooked me at first. It was impossible to walk by the eyeshadows placed in such casing. 😂
The top lid is made of rubber iridescent material. It has the YSL logo in the middle.
Inside the palette houses a big mirror all sized to the palette top lid. It’s all covered with gold, so luxurious. :)
In fact, the palette isn’t so big, you know. I’d seen the pictures of it before and used to think it would be bigger. But in life, it’s compact. I appreciate it because I love when my vanity table isn’t cluttered. :)
Inside there is also a dual-sided brush with a flat and thin brush at one end and a more furry one at another. In my book, this brush will be a helper while traveling, however, I haven’t tested it out myself yet.
The palette offers 6 shades. In fact, they are all barely pigmented but they still sparkle like there’s no tomorrow.
1. The lightest shade has a sheer light base and fair chunky glitter. :)
2. Golden base and the same glitter.
3. Bronze shade with glitter.
4. Lilac, my favorite shade. It isn’t the best shade in the palette but I just love it, so now you know why I actually bought this palette. This one is also shimmering.
5. Pink- It looks like MAC Apricot shade. I guess that the last two shades are for cheeks and lips. They offer a semi-sheer sparkle.
6. Salmon-pink hue- I don’t rave about it because it’s shimmer-less and I hardly ever use it to refresh the inner corners of my eyes.
The shimmer here is top notch! I use it for all my makeups, daytime and evening. I just pat it with my finger. It all depends on the shades you use for your makeup. But for my daytime looks, I prefer the lightest shade.
It falls out throughout the day, so I always prime beforehand.
For my evening makeup, I use a setting spray to ensure the best hold.
Swatches under daytime lights
Defocus for the better understanding of the sparkling finish
In general, I love this palette but I don’t use it every day.
It’s useless as a basic palette. It’s more for a variety and accenting. And yeah, using a high-end palette is always enjoyable. :)
Thanks for your attention! 😊