I got this CHANEL HYDRA BEAUTY GEL YEUX as samples of 3ml each. All in all I received 12ml of the product. It’s almost equal to the full sized package. We’re always waiting for wow results from such products, aren’t we? We wish to apply it once and that’ll be enough to cancel out all our skin problems. But in reality it doesn’t ever work like that.
The CHANEL HYDRA BEAUTY GEl YEUX is part of the collection with the Micro Cream and Micro Serum.
General product information.
1. Price $87.
Size - 15 ml (full size)
Made in France
2. Package- It’s a plastic soft tube with a nozzle. The design screams Chanel. My tubes were packed with cardboard boxes, which also had the product description on them. By the way, inside there was a guide on how to use the product and its promises in different languages.
3. The gel itself is semi-transparent. The texture is light and as though melting. The smell is gentle and typical for the entire CHANEL HYDRA BEAUTY collection. I appreciate that it doesn’t linger to my skin.
4. Ingredients- Well, the brand doesn’t claim to be natural or something, so nothing to blame them for. By the way, the product is ophthalmologist tested.
- Camellia Alba OFA*, exclusive lipidic extract**, preserved in its purest form at the heart of the micro-droplets. It boosts moisture and offers an intense smoothing effect for replenished skin.
- Camellia Alba PFA***, the emblematic active ingredient featuring in the HYDRA BEAUTY line, developed from the camellia flower. This extremely hydrating compound helps the skin rebuild and maintain moisture levels at the heart of its cells.
- Blue Ginger PFA***, a powerful antioxidant, protects the skin from free radicals and reinforces its natural defense system.
- The anti-fatigue Micro Peptide provides targeted action against puffiness and dark circles.
5. What does the product promise?
HYDRA BEAUTY Micro Gel Yeux pairs exceptional efficacy with a unique sensory experience. The eye contour is hydrated, visibly smoother and energised, to regain freshness and radiance. The high-tolerance formula remains perfectly gentle on the delicate eye area and is suitable for the most sensitive eyes.
6. Application ritual
Apply HYDRA BEAUTY Micro Gel Yeux to perfectly cleansed, dry skin.
Dab a rice grain-sized amount onto the eye contour.
Smooth from the inner corner outwards, below the eye and then on the eyelid.
Gently pat with fingertips to stimulate microcirculation and to boost radiance.
7. I haven’t found any info on what skin type this product is for. But I know that you can use it as a make-up primer.
My impressions of use and product effectiveness
About myself: I’m 28 years old. My skin is prone to dryness, dark under eye circles, and fine lines. Sometimes I can suffer from puffy eyes.
What was I expecting to get from this gel?
What have I actually received?
Nothing. I’ve been using this gel for 2 months and now there’s only one tube left, which I actually have no desire to use at all, because I don’t see any visible changes.
Here are the picture results within 2 months of constant use. The first picture was taken by daylight by the window. And the second was taken with a flashlight.
The application is fuss-free and I admit that the formula penetrates my skin quickly, leaving pleasant sensations behind and no stickiness or discomfort feelings. Actually I have to say that the product used to tingle my skin a little at the very beginning, but it wasn’t red or allergic.
The product goes a long way. Two small drops are enough for one eye for me. Don’t apply too much of the product, because it’s very unlikely that your foundation will settle good over it then.
Moisture- I haven’t experienced any moisture boost for my skin. My fine lines are still there are they’ve never evened out. It always felt as though my skin needed more moisture and hydration.
Complexion- The effect of glowing skin was there for about 3-4 minutes and then faded. I guess it was possible to gain only thanks to all those micro tiny light reflecting particles which are in the formula, but not at all due to the magical components of the cream.
Dark circles- No results here as well. The product doesn’t affect them at all.
As a make-up primer- No, no and again no. Is it a good make-up primer if its effectiveness vanishes within 10 minutes of application? I don’t recommend it.
I used to apply this product for a few months AM and PM.
No accumulation, no intensive or deep moisture either. I wouldn't buy a full sized product. I’m really happy that I had a chance to test this gel with mini samples. Don’t expect anything from this product.
So, CHANEL HYDRA BEAUTY GEL YEUX. Never recommended. It’s too pricey for the absence of any results.
Thanks for your attention! Happy shopping!