Clinique "Beyond Perfecting Foundation" + Concealer I received in a beauty box. To tell you the truth, I would have never bought it myself, as there are so many negative reviews about it on the Internet.
So, the information from the official site:
Skin Types: All
A foundation-and-concealer in one for a natural, beyond perfected look that lasts all day. Lightweight, moisturizing makeup covers thoroughly without clogging pores. Skin breathes comfortably, colour stays true, even through sweat and humidity.
Due to the rich pigment level that enhances this flawless coverage makeup, shades may appear deeper when first applied. Once blended completely and allowed to dry, Beyond Perfecting Makeup will melt into your skin for a Beyond Perfected flawless look. A little goes a long way!
The packaging is quite usual for Clinique, but the foundation comes out in a different way, with the help of the special applicator, like lip gloss, but huge.
My color is Ivory. For me, it’s a little bit dark, suitable only for the time when I’m tanned.
That plastic circle on the bottle annoys me. It always sticks to the applicator and drives me crazy. By the way, from the very beginning I hadn’t had that problem. I even had to press it back with a Q-Tip, in order not to stain my nails with the foundation.
How it was:
And how it’s become later:
The scent is standard, like in all Clinique products, it’s pleasant and not strong.
Consistency-wise the foundation is very thick
How to use:
- you can easily correct the under eye circles with it. The most important is not to over do it and only apply the thin layer, otherwise, the product will get into the creases.
- It perfectly conceals any blemishes like post acne, redness, pimples. It won’t conceal the obvious ones, of course. I like to use it on the red spots around my nose
- It evens skin tone.
- Looks beautiful in the photos.
- it’s terrible to apply it with fingers. To do so, it’ll look as if a ton of the product has been applied and very unevenly. It’ll look awful and the face will look like not alive.
- it doesn’t suit a dry skin tone at all, as it defines all the peeling parts. I tried to apply it on moisturising cream, but that didn’t help. You need to have the smooth and even skin with no skin problems for the product to lie beautifully
- the product can sit in the wrinkles, and it does that quite often
- the coverage is too thick. I don’t think it’s good for the everyday usage, as it looks unnatural then. I use it for the special occasions or to conceal the pimples when I have them.
The secret of appliance:
The first issue is that there are no secrets. I think, in the beauty bag of each and every girl there’s a beautyblender or the Miracle Sponge from Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman. I’ve got both of them, but I like to apply exactly that product with the sponge by Real Techniques. You need to damp it and dab onto the skin with the product. I can apply it only with the sponge, as the product is impossible to apply with brushes.
The second issue: you need a good primer, for example Benefit the Porefessional PRO balm or Clarins Lisse Minute. The foundation applies well with a primer and you’ll get the concealed pores and ideal skin tone.
On my face:
Do I recommend it? Honestly, no, despite the fact that I eventually found the way to apply it beautifully. I won’t buy it again, I’m almost sure. The great advantage of that product is that it doesn’t move and stays on the whole day. But still too much fuss about it.
Thanks for the attention!