The Givenchy brand cosmetics is run by the LVMH holding. It also runs Dior, Guerlain, Benefit and Sephora Houses.This powder isn’t my first product by the brand. I’ve already tried the Givenchy Noir Couture Volume Mascara, Givenchy Ombre Couture Cream Eyeshadows and Givenchy Prisme Foundation.
I know that girls usually face the dilemma of what to buy: Guerlain Meteorites or Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder. I’ll try to help those girls make up their mind in the end of my review since I have both of these products.
What to use the loose powder for? Its types and characteristics.
Loose powders differ in their characteristics and purposes.
1. There are foundation loose powders. They have adjustable coverage and are able to camouflage skin blemishes.
Chanel Vitalumiere Loose Powder Foundation, Clarins Skin Illusion Loose Powder Foundation, or Bare Minerals Matte Foundation.
2. Transparent powders. These powders are either transparent or have light semi-transparent texture that gives a slight color to your skin. They can make the skin glow. They won’t conceal visible skin blemishes, though they can make the pores less obvious as well as make the complexion glowing with health.
Diorskin Nude, Bare Minerals Original Veil, Guerlain Meteorites, Givenchy Prisme Libre.
So, not to face the problem of “my powder doesn’t do anything, it can’t even conceal my pimples”, always ask the sales reps at the store to tell you what kind of powder this or that product is. Also, it isn’t the best idea to take such powders with you in your purse. They should live on your beauty table and you should carry only compact and pressed powders with you.
Prisme Libre Loose Powder features a fusion of four complimentary, complexion refining shades that together, create a natural, unified, enhanced finish. The color combination evens out skintone, and radiance is instantly boosted while shine remains under the utmost control. Upon application, imperfections appear diminished and skin is more even and porcelain in nature, with a lasting, radiant, matte finish. Shake to blend all of the shades together and apply with a powder brush in a buffing motion to even out the skin and add natural radiance or apply to specific areas of the face to mattify and add highlights. You can also use it as a finishing and setting powder.
Ethylene, Nulon-12, Talc, Tridecyl Trimellitate Magnesium Stearate, C9-13 Fluroalcohol, Titanium Dioxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Polyurethane-7, Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Alumina, Butylbaraben, Butylphenyl methylpropional, Aluminum Dimyristate, Geranoil, Citronellol.
The packaging isn’t the most convenient in the world, as it’s difficult to mix the colors together.
05 Soft White.
This shade is for fair skinned girls as it’s neutral toned and doesn’t make my skin look pale.
This color is called 01 Mousseline Pastel in the renewed collection.
There’s a terry puff with the Givenchy label.
It’s very soft and I like the way how evenly it applies the powder. They recommend apply it using round motions and I totally agree with them.
The product consists of four segments. Each one features its shade and blending all them together, we get a beautiful face color correction and natural looking finish.
The product is of nice grain that is seamless on the skin. Unlike the Guerlain Meteorites, this powder is micro-shimmers infused which reflect light. They aren’t big, on the contrary, they are very difficult to see.
My impressions of use of the Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder.
1. The powder has a semi-transparent finish and coverage that corrects the appearance of pores, evening out my skin tone.
2. This powder can be applied over foundation fluids or powder loose foundations for setting.
3. The product really makes the appearance of pores less visible along with zapping the shine.
4. It makes my makeup stay on better and longer, being absolutely undetectable on the skin.
5. It doesn’t dry out my skin and doesn’t clog pores.
6. It makes my skin glow with health. I guess this packaging will last a while.
Here I used the Nars Illuminator Primer in the color Hot Sand and Etude House BB-cream Precious Mineral Any Cushion SPF 50 over.
Applied the Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder in the color 05 Soft White.
My comparison of the old and new versions of the powder:
The old version has 20g of the product while the new one has only 12g. They also changed the manufacturer and the design. I think that the new version is better at keeping the oily sheen at bay.
Made in France