Friendly hello guys!
I knew about this product from my bestie. She convinced me that this is the best high-end foundation. At that moment this product was discounted so I decided to give it a go. And what’s my opinion about it? Just keep on reading my post.
GENERAL INFORMATION:Made in France
Size - 30ml
Price $63 (not discounted)
Expires within 9 months after opening
All the products by Guerlain retail in black boxes with golden captions. A high-end brand after all.
I have it in the color 01
The bottle is nice to look at. It’s made of good quality and heavy glass.
The pump works well.
All in all the design is great!
FRAGRANCEThis is what the Guerlain brand says about the fragrance of the product:
Lingerie de Peau has a distinctive and delicate floral scent. The first peach note blended with an accord of vegetal notes is fresh and sparkling. The rose, raspberry and jasmine heart is enriched with a powdery base of balsamic, benzoin and white musk.
Wow, even the fragrance of the product is well thought out. I like its smell but I can’t say that I’m in love. I can really hear those floral and powdery notes.
TEXTURE AND COLORThe product is runny and easy to apply and blend.
I have it in the color 01, which is one of the fairest in the line of Lingerie.
I apply this product over my day face care cream. I use a foundation brush for blending. Before the Lingerie foundation application I try to moisturize my skin as much as possible, as it can accentuate flaking. But I’ll speak about it a little later.
I tried fingertips application as well but I didn’t like the result then.
Even though they suggest fingertips application on the official site.
-Apply a few drops to your face, then use your fingertips or the Guerlain Foundation Brush to blend in, moving from the middle of the face outward and down to your neck for best coverage.
-For an all-day second-skin mattifying finish, apply Lingerie de Peau Compact powder to complete the look.
I have to admit I have a rather complicated opinion of this product. Photo of my bare skin.
On one hand it has a lot of advantages, which a decent high-end product should have. But on the other hand, it has unforgivable disadvantages which kill all the positive sides.
So to the advantages I can list the following:
1. The product looks like second skin on my face, I mean it looks natural and beautiful;
2. It makes my skin glowing from within, making it look sleek, smooth and soft to the touch;
3. It doesn’t clog pores;
4. Non-comedogenic and doesn’t provoke allergy or zits;
5. It doesn’t dry out my skin and after I remove it, my skin feels soft and nourished;
6. Looks astound in the photos;
7. Undetectable on the skin and doesn’t look like a mask on;
8. Rather long wearing and can stay on for 5-6 hours.
And here are the disadvantages:
1. Dreadfully accentuates flaking, even that I didn’t expect to exist;
2. Settles into pores and small creases making me look like my granny;
3. Prone to oxidation and going streaky on the face :S
the product looks streaky on my face
4. Stains clothes/phone
5. It won’t conceal well visible blemishes, as the coverage is light.
6. Doesn’t go a long way
7. Isn’t matte
8. Price tag
This product has loads of advantages, though the disadvantages are bigger.
So, I don’t recommend it and won’t repurchase!