Hourglass limited edition products are always difficult to get. Even when I open the official ste, I constantly see the sign of “out of stock”. It was really difficult to find this palette, but I’m stubborn, especially when it comes to cosmetics.
This palette looks like marble inside and outside. It’s made of a very firm plastic. The design is beautiful and there’s a huge mirror inside. The top lid is easy to open without my nails and nerves breaking.
The peculiarity of the Hourglass products is that you will never make out the color of the product on a swatch, only on you face.
Even when I take up the product with my brush, I see NOTHING on it. But then, I transfer it onto my skin and can finally see why the love Hourglass so much.
The palette consists of:
1. Surreal Light finishing powder - light beige color with golden tiny particles of shimmer and satin finish. It blurs my face and evens small wrinkles and uneven surfaces. Only this powder is reason enough to give the Hourglass products a go. It isn’t the “magic of Meteorites”, which I’m so skeptical about, as I think that there’s nothing special in them. But this powder works and I can clearly see the result in the mirror.
2. Surreal Glow - warm peach blush with a satin finish. They are well pigmented and easy to blend.
3. Surreal Effect - pink blush on a warm coral base. Quality-wise they are alike with the previous blush.
4. Surreal Bronze Light - a bronzer with pink and satin undertone. I was afraid that it wouldn't match my skin color because of the undertone, but no, it suits me well.
5. Surreal Strobe Light - a kind of highlighter that I don’t actually understand. It’s almost invisible if I apply it in one layer and looks golden if I apply two. I tried to apply it on my hand and take a photo of the glow but didn’t succeed. It can be seen on the face only.
All the products in the palette are soft, but they aren’t dusty at the same time. So, the spending will be really low. They hold on me the entire day (as any other dry-textured products)
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Surreal Light is perfect for day make-up when you don’t need to be reflecting everything and everybody with your highlighter and sharp contours. This palette will help you to enhance your beauty, hide relief and small skin blemishes.
Healthy blush, light sun-kissed skin and inner glow - this is the finish of the palette.
Foundation on my skin
Closeup of highlighter
Here I applied all the products and blush Surreal Glow
All the products and Surreal Effect blush
They either love the Hourglass cosmetics, or genuinely don’t take it seriously since it’s evanescence. As for me, I like this result of natural looking, healthy and glowing skin.
Price: $88. Which is not surprising, since it’s a limited edition and the Tom Ford cosmetics’ level.