Lorac PRO is one more palette (along with Naked and Urban Decay) that has become very popular on YouTube. Let’s have a look at it and find out, if it’s really so great, as told.
The price 42-50 $
The Nt Wt of the eyeshadows - 8.8 g
The eyeshadow primer weight - 5.5 g
Expiry date of the eyeshadows - 18 months, of the primer - 12 months.
The outer look
The Lorac PRO palette is in the cardboard box with a mini-sized eyeshadow primer. The palette itself is made of a very strong firm cardboard, covered on top with some kind of rubberized soft material, pleasant tactile and, alas, willingly accepting everything from the fingers. The size is about the same as of Naked, only twice as much more convenient and easier. The palette closes with a magnet and opens 360 degrees.
At the back side of the box you can find a description of two make-up looks:
- everyday matte make-up, using shades cream, taupe, sable or espresso;
- sexy shimmer make-up using: nude, gold or lt. bronze, garnet or deep purple.
The primer for the eyeshadows is silicone to the touch, it easily glides on the eyelid, it evens the skin out and gives incredible lasting power: the eyeshadows will stay until the make-up removing.
Inside there are 16 shades in classic colors.
The top row is completely matte, the bottom is shimmer, 8 shades are in cool colors and 8 are of warm colors. And I would still like to divide it into two more parts, the left half with light shades, and the right one with the dark shades.
The description says that all shades can be applied in a wet technique as well.
The refill pans of the shadows are small, and this is not surprising, because each of them is of 0.55 g. But you shouldn’t be surprised by such small weight, ‘cause thanks to the excellent pigmentation, they are very economical. And it is difficult to imagine how to use up a sixteen-hued palette with a weight of 1.5-2 grams each, in that case it would be just eternal!
The hues in the palette:
The hues on the hand:
The matte row.
- White - matte white with a silver tiny shimmer, flickering under the light of lamps. A beautiful shade, I apply it under the eyebrow.
- Cream - light beige. Suitable for making the eyelid color even and blending other shades, I use it every time I do my make-up and after a half of a month there’s already a hole in it.
- Taupe is light brown. I apply it in the crease or on the entire eyelid, a good color.
- Lt. Pink is a gentle light pink.
- Mauve is a pinkish-plum, one of my favorites.
- Sable - warm brown.
- Espresso - cold dark brown.
- Black - intense and saturated black color.
- Nude is a light pink mother of pearl, I use it in the inner corner of the eye.
- Champagne - similar to the previous one, but with the bits of shimmer.
- Gold is rusty gold and shiny metallic. The texture is soft and oily, the pigmentation is excellent. Beautiful, but at the moment it doesn’t suit me (maybe with a tan it will look better).
- Lt. Bronze - light beige-peach, also one of the favorites. When I do not want to do my make-up for a long time, I only use that color for the entire eyelid.
- Pewter - gray-brown, in which there is something purple, stunning color, I use it solo, or with a line.
- Garnet is a brown-copper, very beautiful when applied in a wet technique. The texture is the same as of gold.
- Deep purple - in the pallet it is a dark purple color, but on the eyelids it's just black, with a shimmer giving it a shade. It blends into matte dark. To get the color as in the palette, you need to apply it with the wet technique.
- Slate - black and gray with a shimmer, beautiful, for the evening.
The quality and appliance.
The eyeshadows are very pleasant and soft to touch, with a delicate creamy texture. When you touch them with your finger, it feels like they are creamy. Pigmentation is stunning, all shades are easily set on the brush. You need to just slightly touch the surface with the shadows and the color is transferred to the eyelid perfectly. They can be layered to get a more intensive coverage.
But there are some nuances in the appliance. The eyeshadows are quite soft, and if to apply them roughly with a brush, they can fall out, especially dark shades. You need to take a little bit, and then add to the eyelid. The dark matte shades were so pigmented that at first I even had to get used to them.
The staying power on the primer from the set is all day and without it up to 7-8 hours. After this time they begin to fade, but still they don’t roll up. I mean, for the evening make-up it is quite possible not to use the primer at all, as the pigmentation doesn’t depend on this primer.
- The hues selection (matte-shimmer, warm-cool, light-dark)
- Beautiful colors
- Nice texture
- Excellent pigmentation
- Good staying power
- the Deep Purple color isn’t the same as on the eyelid as in the palette.
So, it’s an amazing palette with the most handy colors. Universal and self-sufficient, for any cases. I’m absolutely happy about it, and I think its high quality won't leave anyone indifferent.
Make-ups with The Lorac PRO palette.
White, cream, taupe, sable, espresso, lt. bronze.
Pewter, cream, black liner.
White, taupe, sable, gold, garnet, deep purple.
Nude, cream, taupe, sable, espresso, garnet.
White, cream, lt. pink, mauve, deep purple.
Ingredients: (those who look through, will see that there are extracts of cucumber, parsley, and 4 more vegetable extracts)
LORAC PRO PALETTE TALC, ZINC STEARATE, DIMETHICONE, MINERAL OIL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, BORON NITRIDE, SILICA, METHICONE, KAOLIN, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, METHYLPARABEN, WATER(AQUA), LAUROYL LYSINE, PROPYLPARABEN, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT, CARUM PETROSELINUM (PARSLEY) EXTRACT, ECHINACEA PURPUREA EXTRACT, CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL EXTRACT, CALENDULA OFFICINALIS FLOWER EXTRACT, ALTHAEA OFFICINALIS ROOT EXTRACT MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR: MICA, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), CARMINE (CI 75470) BEHIND THE SCENES
EYE PRIMER/ BASE À OMBRES À PAUPIÈRES EN COULISSES: ISODODECANE, TALC, TRIHYDROXYSTEARIN, POLYETHYLENE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, TRIETHYLHEXANOIN, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ISOPROPYL LANOLATE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, PEG-40 STEARATE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, BEESWAX (CERA ALBA), DIMETHICONE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PHENOXYETHANOL, MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499, 77491, 77492)
Thanks for your attention!