Again my favorite beauty shop pushed me to purchase this product. Since they had a 2=1 offer and I didn’t know what to buy, the sales rep offered me to test this Oil-Infused Lip tint from NARS. She sang praises to it so it was impossible to withstand.
So, we have a new collection of ORGASM from NARS.
Maybe I’m biased to the brand but somehow we don’t make good friends. I’ve tried their lip gloss with a screaming name Super Orgasm. I also tested their foundation which smelled of alcohol and quickly found its way out of my life. Also, I had their Lip Glide which was no way more than a regular lipstick. And here I bought this Oil-Infused Lip Tint.
In fact, NARS didn’t bring anything new to this world with their new product because I’ve already had a Volupte Tint-in-Oil from Yves Saint Laurent. I loved that one and I can remember how loud its launch was.
I also used to have the Clarins Éclat minute Huile Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil which didn’t impress me at all. So, let’s find out what this one from NARS has to offer:
1. Product description:
A hydrating lip oil with a hint of the universally-flattering, cult-favorite Orgasm shade.
- Raspberry Seed Oil: Nourishes and softens lips while protecting against environmental stressors.
- Pomegranate Extract: Provides antioxidants and long-lasting hydration.
Orgasm Oil-Infused Lip Tint adds a sheer sensation and a surge of hydration for seductively-plush-looking lips with a hint of tint. Packed with antioxidants, the comfortable gel-oil texture glides on smoothly and evenly with a non-greasy feel.
HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE · DIISOSTEARYL MALATE · BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER · ETHYLENE/PROPYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER · SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE · SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL · RUBUSIDAEUS (RASPBERRY) SEED OIL · PUNICA GRANATUM FLOWER EXTRACT · GLYCERIN · TOCOPHEROL · HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL · ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT · POLYETHYLENE · MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/CERA MICROCRISTALLINA/CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE · POLYGLYCERYL-10 PENTAOLEATE · BUTYLENE/ETHYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER · FLAVOR (AROMA) · SILICA · GLYCERYL DIISOSTEARATE · TRIISOSTEARIN · TRIMETHYLOLPROPANE TRIETHYLHEXANOATE · TIN OXIDE · ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE · POLYSILICONE-2 · BHT · PHENOXYETHANOL · [+/- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA · TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) · IRON OXIDES (CI 77491) · RED 27 (CI 45410) · RED 33 (CI 17200) · RED 28 (CI 45410) · CARMINE (CI 75470)]
3. Packaging- Glossy golden paper box with pink letters. High-end and expensive looking. The tube has a golden cap and a see-through “body”. We can see the color of the oil with an abundance of shimmer in there.
4. Applicator- It’s just a usual soft applicator, nice to apply the product with a sponge.
5. Texture- It isn’t runny, even though it’s an oil. After all, this product is more like a lip gloss. I can see some tackiness but it isn’t so dreadful. The product is okay to distribute. It feels comfortable on my lips. However, I don’t see any lip treatment or anything from it.
6. The staying power is pathetic. It won’t live through snacks and will stain dishes. It fades delicately.
In fact, it’ll never be a problem to re-apply the coverage. One can easily get by even without a mirror.
7. I’d like to stop on the color more. Actually, it’s sheer with a slight hint of pink pigment which is there within a few seconds of application. All the beauty of the shade is in the golden shimmer. However, you’ll never get this color on your lips. The shimmer is the finest, that’s a plus. I can remember the SuperOrgasm lip gloss where the shimmer was so chunky that lingered on my lips.
8. Price tag- The product is pricey! I think we pay for the brand and its 20-year history of existence. In fact, you can find something more interesting yet less priced.
The bottom line: The product didn’t impress me, I was especially stunned with its price tag. If it hadn’t been on a special offer, I highly doubt that I’d ever bought it.
I give it 3 stars and a thumb down.