This is my first foundation from Shiseido. I stumbled across it when I was on the lookout for a replacement for my fave, which turns out to be not so perfect for dry skin areas.
I bought this without a second thought and I didn’t read any reviews.
What I expect from a foundation for combination skin:
- even skin tone without gaps and dry spots
- mattifying (at least, for some time)
- no cakiness
- quality ingredients
- sun protection
The foundation claims:
Flawlessly undetectable like it belongs to your skin, this foundation feels uniquely airy and silky on skin. It helps maintain the skin's clarity and minimize shine, creasing, and fading all day, while Advanced Sensing Technology dynamically synchronizes with your skin's unique condition for a beautiful-looking complexion. It’s formulated with SPF 20 broad spectrum protection to help prevent skin roughness and damage caused by oxidation.
This foundation turned out to be my number one in many regards:
1. It does even out my skin without making it cakey or making me want to wash it off immediately.
2. Easy to apply, both with a brush or with fingers.
3. Lasting power and mattifying without powder for 5 hours. After that, I remove the oil with mattifying pads. For special occasions, I use a primer in order to conceal my pores and prolong my makeup.
4. The foundation has a nice flowery aroma.
5. Also, the formula is runny, but the coverage is great and silky.
6. There is a large selection of natural shades.
7. And, the most important part, no pore clogging or new pimples.
It’s probably the best foundation I ever had. It doesn’t run off my face after an hour and will be perfect for parties thanks to its water-repellent effect.