Greetings to those who love applying stuff to their face!
I’ll be describing the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Oil-Free Pore Minimizing
What it is:An oil-free, mattifying primer that instantly reduces the look of flaws and pores, and it controls oil for up to eight hours.Solutions for:- Pores- Oiliness- ShineIf you want to know more…Mattify shine and control oil all day with the Photo Finish Oil Free Foundation Primer Pore Minimizing. It won’t clog pores or cause breakouts, and it dramatically reduces the look of pores while smoothing your complexion and prepping skin for makeup application. The water-resistant, gel formula reduces shine and controls oil without drying, leaving a soft, even finish.What it is formulated WITHOUT:- Parabens- Phthalates
That’s exactly what I need, since my working day lasts about 10-12 hours, and by the evening, my skin looks like the surface of the Moon.
The ingredients are quite usual for such a product
Silicones, silicones, silicones, a bit of water and a fragrance.
Please note that if you use this product every day, you should remove it very thoroughly, otherwise it may clog your pores.
It’s a regular tube which can hardly decorate your makeup table. I bet you’ll keep it in a drawer.
The nozzle was covered with a protective film.
It gives out as much product as needed.
After you’ve squeezed the tube, you see a creamy odorless substance. Oddly enough, the primer can be blended effortlessly.
It makes my skin so smooth that I could hardly focus my camera
A pea-sized amount is enough to cover the whole face, don’t overdo it.
Normal, with an oily T-Zone and occasional flaking and breakouts, which I’m fighting. I have uneven skin tone. My pores are everywhere!
First I’d like to talk about all the nuances I discovered while using this palette. Afterwards, I’ll add a few photos of myself.
1. A little bit goes a long way. Seriously, I regret buying the full-size version. It will last ten years, at least.
This is not a product for everyday use, unless you remove it with a really harsh face wash. Plus, you don’t need to cover the whole face. The pea-size amount I’ve shown in the previous photos is enough for the nose and the nasolabial area with craters, and the same amount I apply onto my forehead and chin.
2. If you apply too much, it may roll off. Be careful!
3. It must be removed thoroughly. You can’t go with a gentle face wash. Silicones may stay in the pores, clogging them. Personally I prefer to use a cleansing oil.
It takes me a lot of time to remove this primer, because my pores get clogged at the speed of light.
4. The primer mattifies my skin. In the next photo, I use a few Korean treatments (toner, aloe gel and sunscreen).
As you can see, my face doesn’t shine, but it doesn't look too white. Some of my pores are still there, though.
5. But with makeup, my face looks so much better!
In the photo, I applied a BB Cream, but didn’t apply any powder. Like any Korean BB Cream, mine has a dewy finish. With the Smashbox Pore Minimizer it looks more matte.
6. Here is another collage:
In the photos on the left I wear this primer, in the photos on the right side I don’t. Please note that I didn’t make these photos all at once, so I’ll be showing the effect on the same side of my face.
Also, my pores are less visible and my skin looks as though I powdered it.
7. Now let’s take another look from the distance.
Let’s be honest, nobody looks at our skin as closely as we do in the evening.
In this photo I wear the primer only on the left side of my face. It looks more blurred in my opinion. I didn’t edit these photos!
Now the primer is applied all over my T-zone. This photo was made a day after the first one. I use the same foundation, that’s why I can show you the effect of the Smashbox primer.
I don’t use any powder or concealer, but my skin looks good still!
Plus, this primer is great if you want to make beautiful photos!
6. Does it make my makeup last longer? Well, I don’t know. Maybe it does, but only for a couple of hours. After that, face shine appears again. It doesn’t matter to me, because I’ve purchased the primer having other goals in mind.
7. The primer prevents bad foundations from settling into pores. One day, I’ll write about one of those. This primer was a real lifesaver in that situation!
8. Doesn’t dry my skin out or cause new blemishes. At least, for now. I don’t know if the primer emphasizes flaking, because I don’t apply it on dry areas of my skin.
Anyway, I’m happy with this primer. It blures my pores and mattifies my skin. I didn’t expect it to hide more pores completely, because I think nothing can do that. But I’m happy with the result I see in the mirror anyway.
I use it for special occasions or once / twice a week, when I want to be especially beautiful and look good in photos!
I only regret purchasing such a big tube. I like to test new stuff, but this primer will last really long. At least its shelf life is about 2 years.
Hope my review was useful!