Foreword. I adore Clarins decorative cosmetics. As for the skin care by this brand, it feels as though they are more concerned on the fragrances of their products rather than on the components they use. Usually they claim that in this or that product, they use different working components and extracts, which are actually to be active in the product, but in reality the concentration of silicones and preservative agents prevails.
Before this travel-sized bottle I had a full-size of this makeup remover.
How to use the bi-phase makeup remover right?
Before using, it’s very important to shake the bottle well to mix the both phases together. Soak a cotton round with the mixed substance well. The upper part of the cotton pad will be more oily, this is the very side you are to use to remove your makeup. Then you’ll need to turn the same cotton round the other side and swipe your eyes gently with it. This very lotion is to delete the oily residue from your eyes.
Do you need to wash off your eye makeup with a particular product?
When you use a particular eye makeup remover, you wash off all the cosmetics more thoroughly and in the morning there is less chance of waking up with puffy eyes.
What does the product say?
This bi phase make-up remover eliminates waterproof mascara and stubborn smoky eyes in the blink of an eye while keeping the lashes in perfect condition.
Cyclomethicone,Aqua, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Isohexadecane, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Water, Parfum,Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Disodium EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Glycerin, Dehydroacetic Acid, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, CL 42090/Blue 1.
Packaging of the Clarins Instant Eye Make-Up Remover:
The packaging of the product looks standard for all the bi-phase makeup removers. It’s semi-see-through, so it’ll be easy to control the amount of the product left inside.
My impressions of use:
1. This product has a very potent perfume agent, like the Rosa Damascena Flower Water, which means that the product isn’t delicate at all. It won’t work well for sensitive eyes.
2. In the ingredients there are anti-inflammatory components and Panthenol. But their concentration is less than the concentration of the perfume agents.
3. This makeup remover easily washes off my water resistant mascara, eyeliner and water resistant lip liners. And I don’t even have to rub my skin a million times or wait for the product to start working.
4. Well, the product tingles my eyes a lot.
5. It doesn’t leave any sticky feelings or oily residue around the eyes. It does irritate my skin a little.
6. I wouldn’t say that the product goes a long way.
Test-drive of the Clarins Instant Eye Make-Up Remover
Here I used:
- Chanel Le Crayon Levres Lip Liner;
- Clinique Cream Shaper for Eyes water resistant eyeliner;
- Dior Diorshow Waterproof Mascara;
- Clarins Crayon Yeux.
All these cosmetic products were applied on my hand.
I start to remove them with the Clarins Instant Eye Make-Up Remover.
This is how the cotton round looks like after removing all the products with the Clarins Instant Eye Make-Up Remover.
The bottom line:
The product nicely removes water resistant cosmetic products, but it has very strong perfume agents in the ingredients. There are cheaper dupes with more skin-friendly components, like Nivea makeup removers, for instance.
Made in France
Size: 125 ml
Thank you everybody for your attention and have a pleasant shopping spree!