Salicylic Acid 2% W/W Acne Medication
Highest Level of Acne Control
Available without a Prescription
Contains 2% Salicylic Acid
Keratolytic Action helps Unclog Pores
Effective Cleansing System Removes Dirt & Oil
Maximum Effectiveness in the Fight Against Acne
Actual Pad Size 4.21 in²
Price on iherb.com for the jar with 90 pads: $6.03
The product also comes with 55 pads for $3.99
Salicylic acid 2.0%, ammonium lauryl sulfate, ammonium xylenesulfonate, citric acid, DMDM hydantoin, fragrance, menthol, PPG-5-ceteth-20, purified water, simethicone, sodium borate, tetrasodium EDTA
My experience with Stridex Pads:
- As I have already mentioned, the pads cleanse my skin thoroughly and perform like a cleansing lotion. After use my skin is matte and even.
- They have a specific and chemical smell, yet it is not off-putting. It dissipates quickly if you don’t apply anything before the pads.
- The product is alcohol free, but it dries out my skin a tiny bit if used alone like any other salicylic acid. After applying, my skin feels a little taut and dry if I don’t apply any other skin care product after that.
- In the ingredients you can also find menthol that imparts some cooling sensation to my skin.
- Sulfates and silicones, etc are also present here, so if you do not want to apply such a harmful mixture, you may apply it for an hour only and then rinse your skin.
- Now when I’ve almost used them up, I’ll talk about the result.
- My skin got visibly cleaner and removed breakouts from my forehead and cheeks. So the acid changed it for the better, that is true.
- I’ve been using them once a day and was down to a month and a half.
- It doesn’t help against blackheads or under skin pimples.
The product is affordable and well worth trying. If they are not good for you, it won’t be a pity to throw them out for the price. Although, you can use them for your legs to eliminate ingrown hairs.
I will probably repurchase them some day, but I’m sick of them for the time being and would like to try acid lotions. Anyway, I do recommend the Stridex Salicylic Acid Pads. If you have problem skin like me, you should try everything to improve the situation.