Hello dear ladies!
Even though it’s still winter, I already anticipate spring. So this is why I decided to tell you about the palette that really means spring for me. Meet the By Terry Sun Designer Palette.
The design of this palette is fantastic, as of many other palettes by the brand, by the way. These palm tree leaves on the top lid make me dream of summer, sun, seaside and careless pastimes. The palette retailed in the brand’s box. No pouch or brush included.
The palette opens up widely and it has an inner mirror. The By Terry Sun Designer Palette comprises of 6 shades, the refills form the zigzags and have palm trees lines on them as well.
Size - 15g.
Country - Italy
Shelf life - 12 months after opening.
Almost all the colors have very soft to the touch texture, they can be dusty if you use too rough of a brush. The pigment looks rich on the first go and even though the colors are bright and vibrant they are very easy to blend.
In the palette there are 3 different textures in finish: matte (2 shades), matte with shimmer (1 shade), and shimmer (3 shades).
The manufacturer advises us to use the products from this palette as blush, highlighter and bronzing powder. But to my taste there isn’t the so-usual highlighter shade for my cheekbones in this palette.
All the shades can also be used as eyeshadows. And please remember that even though they placed only 6 shades to the palette, you can actually mix them together and get many more shades. You can experiment with the colors and texture, as the blending is just fabulous.
The By Terry Sun Designer Palette #4 Savannah Love is more warm-toned, even though the pink shades usually belong to the cool-toned colors.
Let’s have a look at each shade separately:
Both parts consist of 3 shades. The first segment houses 2 pink and 1 golden shade.
1. Tender-pink shimmer shade with silver casting. If I use it alone as a highlighter, then it looks too pink on my skin. If I use it as a blush, it highlights too much then. Usually I use it as a topper for my eyeshadow, I mean I apply it over any other eyeshadow product to make it more cool-toned and sparkling. Or sometimes I can mix it with the next color and apply as a highlighter with a thin layer.
2. Golden shimmer. I use it either as an eyeshadow, or along with the previous shade as a light highlighter shade.
3. Matte pink shade with silver particles. This is great as a blush, as well as eyeshadow if I do my makeup in red shades.
The second sector houses warm-toned shades of sandy-beige-brown colors.
4. Matte beige shade. This one is great in quality and color. It’s so silky to the touch and so rich in pigment that I fell for it once I touched it. It’s fantastic as a base shade as well as a blush (it somehow reminds me of the Rouge Bunny Rouge Blush in the color 033 Delicata)
5. Matte sandy-peachy color. One more favorite shade of mine. It works fine as a blush and an eyeshadow!
6. Bronzy-brown shimmer shade. I’m raving about this color! It’s very soft and nicely pigmented. The blending is easy and quick. Fine for using on the eyes and face.
For the better understanding here are the swatches of all the shades close together.
Even though all the powders from the palette are richly pigmented, they are really difficult to overdo (yet still possible). It was difficult for me to do a bright eye makeup with it, as I always want to do only soft and gentle looks with it.
In my eye makeup I used the shades #4, #5, #6. Along my lash line I applied the dark-purple shade from the Too Faced Sweet Peach palette. And the shades #1 and #2 are used as a highlighter.
I also did my eye makeup with this palette. #6 is used as a bronzing and contouring product. The mixture of #1 and #2 again as a highlighter and #3 works as a blush here.
As a foundation I used the Tarte Empowered Hybrid Gel Foundation.
At first I hesitated to apply this dark and shiny shade as a contour product. But look how good the result is. What’s more, it looks rather wearable.
I have nothing bad to say about the lasting power of the products. Blush, eyeshadows, bronzer, highlighter, contour - all the products stay on till the moment I decide to remove them.
I liked the By Terry Sun Designer Palette very much! It’s so pleasant to use and I always have a desire to open it and use its shades in my makeup, even though the first three colors haven’t become my favorite. But still I use them a lot.
Of course I recommend you to buy this palette but it’ll be better to know about all the pros and cons of it before purchasing. Though there aren’t many cons to it.
+ great pigmentation;
+ beautiful shades;
+ easy blending;
+ wide range of colors;
+ beautiful packaging;
- the refills pans aren’t convenient. If I use a big and fluffy brush, there’s always a risk to touch the next color too.
Thanks for reading my post! Be always gorgeous and have a nice shopping spree!