Today I’d like to tell you about one of the best make-up removing wipes by Biore. The first time I met them was in one of the beauty boxes and then I bought the full-sized packaging myself.
General information about the product:
Biore KAO Japan-Makeup Remover Perfect Cleansing Cotton Wipes.
Price: about $25. There are 44 sheets in a package and the expiration date is within 3 years. You can also buy the package separately which will cost less than the plastic container. And there are also packages of 10 sheets.
2. Packaging. The plastic container is of pink color inside of which there’s a package of wipes. The top closes tightly. All the information is given in Japanese, but there was also a flyer with some information in English.
Water (Aqua), Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, PPG-9 Diglyceryl Ether, Dicaprylyl Ether, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Fragrance (Parfum), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, PEG-12 Laurate, Potassium Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool
4. The wipes are of white color, soaked with nourishing serum. The scent is pleasant and floral. It isn’t off putting at all. The cloth is soft, comfortable for the skin and doesn’t look like a rough synthetic material.
5. Suits all skin types and hypoallergenic.
6. Product claims:
Gentle, ultra soft cloths contain superior, patent pending cleansing formula.
Effectively dissolve all traces of dirt, oil and make-up--even waterproof mascara
Leaves skin thoroughly clean with no heavy residue; no rinsing necessary
Remove your makeup by wiping your face gently with the facial sheets. To remove eye makeup, leave the cotton sheet on your eyelids for 5 seconds before wiping off for a more thorough removal process.
My impressions and the result
I used to use these wipes to remove my eye and lip make-up in the evening and while travelling. At this very moment I have a few sheets left and 2 samples from sample boxes, so my opinion about this product is already firm and objective.
I my opinion there are 2 minuses about this product:
1.Packaging: Yes, it’s beautiful, pink, but it’s bulky for travelling. It’ll be way better to buy 10 sheets in an individual packaging. The packaging the wipes are in, is absolutely inconvenient in storage. With time, the lid stops sticking back, and the wipes dry out. The plastic box is useless, it doesn’t prevent the wipes from drying out at all!
2. Spending. If you consider these wipes as a make-up remover on a daily basis, using 1-2 sheets each day, then the box will last you not more than a month. It’ll be much cheaper to buy good micellar water instead.
1. Cleansing properties. These wipes are ideal to remove my mascara, red lipstick and eyeshadows. They do well with waterproof makeup. They can’t remove BB and CC creams fully and won’t clean my pores well. These wipes are a good option while on holiday, when I don’t use much of any foundation product.
These sheets don’t smudge my make-up all over my face or leave stains behind from the bright lipsticks. The only thing I need to do is to put a sheet on my eyes or lips for a moment and then rub gently and that’s all.
I put a sheet for a few seconds:
Rubbed a few times:
2.The most important advantage for me is that these wipes don’t irritate my sensitive skin. I always face this problem with micellar waters, in which I suffer with my eyes irritation and hurt after use. Biore wipes are extremely comfortable in use, they are gentle, calming and there’s no discomfort feelings after.
3. Moisture. The manufacturer claims that the wipes are enough to replace your night care cream. But I can say that it’s an absolute lie. Yeah, the sheets don’t dry around my eyes, but there’s no moisture to my skin at all. The wipes are soft, delicate, taking care, but they won’t replace your cream.
If I use two sheets to remove my make-up, then I don’t wash my face after. If I use one sheet, then I wash off my face with cleansing oil or facial cleanser.
What to do if your wipes started to dry out? In this case I used to spritz them with a tad of usual water and then remove my make-up. They didn’t lose their cleansing properties at all.
I recommend Biore KAO Japan-Makeup Remover Perfect Cleansing Cotton Wipes. I especially recommend it to those whose job requires travels and business trips.
Thanks for your attention!