I dedicate my review today to a lip exfoliator by E.L.F. Cosmetics brand.Full name:
E.L.F. Cosmetics Mint Maniac Lip Exfoliator
Package: it’s a very stylish and classy-looking good quality black matte plastic tube. The tube was initially packed in a black box which was actually spoiled during shipping.
The box was protected with a seal sticker.
Gently exfoliates lips to help removed dry, chapped skin. Infused with Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Avocado, Grape and Jojoba Oil to help nourish and protect lips. Treats and smoothens lips for a conditioned and revitalized feel.
Sucrose, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ozokerite, Fragrance (Parfum), Synthetic Candelilla Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve)
Color: The color corresponds to the name. The stick is minty.
Aroma: I can feel very subtle and sweet notes of the peppermint here. If you don’t like minty scents, you’ll still love this one, as it isn’t potent or lingering.
Taste: The product is sweet to the taste and I can feel some plant oil notes to it as well.Consistency
: This lip exfoliator has a lot of teeny-tiny exfoliating particles in the formula (they aren’t actually sugar, yet not a powdered sugar as well). And I guess that other components here are to make the product buttery and soft (in terms of application) texture-wise.My thoughts
: I think that this product can become a firm fixture of many girls' makeup bags, especially for those who:
1. are allergic to honey and all the other components of a regular lip exfoliators
2. don’t see the point in using lip exfoliators (they think it’s okay to use a usual face scrub, for instance)
3. are too lazy (or maybe there are some other reasons) to make a DIY lip exfoliator
4. make sense in practicality. There’s nothing easier than using this product. Just open the tube up, twist up, use, untwist, close and that’s all.
I wouldn’t say that this lip exfoliator by E.L.F. (or by any other brand) is a must-have, no, yet still buying it won’t ever be a waste of money.
It’ll be especially cherished by matte lipsticks lovers, which are so eager to accentuate all your lip blemishes.
How to use:
Apply to clean damp lips and massage in a circular motion to exfoliate. Use a moistened cotton pad with water and gently wipe away scrub. Follow with a lip balm or gloss to condition.
In the end:
1. the product beautifully exfoliates the epidermis, leaving my skin free from flakey bits;
2. the oil infused formula really takes care of my lips;
3. the first two mentioned facts leave my lips visually more pouty, healthy and beautiful;
4. the exfoliator goes a long way. (I’ve used it 10 times now and there’s still half of the bullet left);
I’ll definitely repurchase, and not only once, as I don’t think that this Mint Maniac Lip Exfoliator by E.L.F. is a waste of money. I find it very helpful!
Thanks for your attention!