I’m here to make my review of the Maybelline lipstick.
I’m not a fan of this brand. And I don’t even remember the last time I bought their products.
Until one day I saw my favorite beauty e-shop selling these Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink Lipsticks in beautifully designed tubes that didn't even look like of the Maybelline brand.
I really adore lipsticks and lip glosses and once I see a new product on the market, I desperately want to buy it for myself. I read the reviews of these lippies and found out that they all were rather controversial. Yet I still decided to try the product out and ordered one for myself.
1. Product says:
SuperStay Matte Ink™ Liquid Lipstick gives you a flawless matte finish in a range of super saturated shades.
Ink your lips in up to 16 HR saturated liquid matte. SuperStay Matte Ink™ features a unique arrow applicator for precise application and is available in a range of super saturated shades.
2. Packaging. There isn’t any, actually. Just a duo-colored tube. The bottom part is of the same color as the lipstick. The tube is matte and pleasant to hold in your hands. The top cap is white. It closes/opens nicely and tightly so I’m always sure that it won’t pop open in my makeup bag. Looking at the bar code, I conclude that the product was made in France.
3. Scent. It’s pleasant and sweet, yet chemical. Luckily it doesn’t irritate my lips and fades very quickly.
4. There are 16 shades in the collection and all of them have catchy names: I have mine in the color #15 Lover.
5. List of ingredients:
(Maybe there are people who might be interested in it):
dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, isododecane, nylon-611/dimethicone copolymer, dimethicone crosspolymer, c30-45 alkyldimethylsilyl polypropylsilsesquioxane, lauroyl lysine, alumina silica silylate, disodium stearoyl glutamate, phenoxyethanol caprylyl glycol, limonene, aluminum hydroxide, paraffin, benzyl benzoate, benzyl alcohol, citronellol, parfum / fragrance [+/- may contain ci 45410 / red 28 lake, ci77891 / titanium dioxide, ci 15850 / red 7, ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499 / iron oxides, ci 45380 / red 22 lake, ci 15985 / yellow 6 lake, ci 19140 / yellow 5 lake, ci 42090 / blue 1 lake, ci 15850 / red 6, ci 17200 / red 33 lake, mica] fil d197344/
6. Texture. It’s liquid and easy to apply on my lips. But you should be very careful with it, as one wrong move and you crossed the contour, that’s it, the product will be very difficult to wipe off then. But I’ll speak about it later.
7. The lipstick holds up very well. I drink tea - the lippie is in place and doesn’t stain mugs. I have a meal - and nothing happens with the product at all. I eat greasy food - and it’s still there. I kiss my honey on the lips, cheeks and he stays clean and my lipstick will stay on. Isn’t that a dream lippie?
right after the application
within 20 minutes
BUT!!! After about 6 hours of wearing, when lipstick has already survived a few cups of tea and water (do you all remember that you should drink two liters of water a day?) it starts creasing with a white film near the inside of the lips and I start feeling it. It isn’t pleasant. I always have to close and open my mouth and look in the mirror to see if the lippie still looks good. It’s so annoying but you know, the process of removing the lipstick at work might become even more annoying, so I left everything as it is.
But in general, the lipstick looks fine! It’s still on my lips but its consistency seemed to have changed a little after 6 hours of wearing. It has become more plastic-like and I feel it when I press my lips tightly together.
8. The removal was… complicated. The very first day I bought this lippie, I applied it at once at about noon and then went on business. In the evening I went to a restaurant, then to the bars. I used to look at my reflection only in the loos and I was shocked that the lipstick was still with me. This very day, (it’s better to say night here) I went home at 2 a.m. I was very tired so I went straight to the bathroom to wash my makeup off. When I tried to remove the product with an oil, nothing happened. Then I tried out an oil scrub. The same story. After that I took a regular scrub and started to exfoliate my lips. The result was red lips with lipstick on. I was so tired to rub my lips that I took a towel and wiped the lipstick with it. I thought I removed it but in the morning I found out that it was still partly there. I was amazed by its staying power. I applied the lipstick the following day to go to work and after coming home I took out all my arsenal of makeup removers to wash it off.
6 hours of wearing
That day the removal was way faster as the lipstick was easily removed with a dual-phase makeup remover and only one cotton pad. All in all I spent about 5 minutes on its removing. After that my lips were red and sore and I quickly applied a lip balm to soothe.
So, these are the consequences of the astonishing staying power. My lips were 100% dried out.
9. In comparison with many high-end products, this lippie is fairly affordable.
In the end I want to say that I will recommend this lipstick for purchasing to everybody who is willing to try out something new. I guess it’ll become a magic wand for you for any special occasion like wedding, birthday or a company party. I deem it’ll be also a need for makeup artists.
It’s true that you can apply it in the morning and by the end of the evening it’ll look the same.
I like the color and I’ll keep using it but not for the office, as I’ve already mentioned that nasty film that gets there in the inside of my lips.