Today I’m bringing you my review of the mascara by the American brand Too Faced with a salty name Better Than Sex Mascara.
There are two versions of the product in the market - full sized tube of 8g for $23 and the so-called deluxe mini-size (we usually call it a sample) of 4,8g for $12.
I have the deluxe version which is no way different from its full-sized sister except, probably, a little simpler design.
So, I got the product safely packed into a cardboard package with a mind-blowing promise of 1,944% more volume!
The product also promises dramatic volume, longer lashes and a dramatic look with one coat.
Well, not enough for me. For the price it should make coffee for me in the morning as well.
Water/aqua/eau, Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Butylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Cera Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de carnauba, Aminomethyl Propanol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Polyester-11, PVP, Cellulose, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Dextran, Acetyl Hexapeptide-1. May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Black 2 (CI 77266), Ultramarines (CI 77007). *Vegan-friendly *Formulated without parabens
Inside the package there was a small pink tube. It looks so girlish, especially the deluxe side.
The consistency is creamy. The color is black.
Almost no fragrance to the formula.
The brush is hourglass-shaped and I heard them saying that it looks like it's mimicking the curves of a woman's body (everything is sexy about this mascara).
Using the product I was really impressed with its performance.
Using this very mascara it was the first time when I didn’t say to myself “I’d have better bought the three Maybelline mascaras instead of this one. No difference between them anyways.”
1. This mascara’s application is the simplest simple. No need to spend an hour to separate the lashes or make them look less clumped.
2. The brush catches even the SMALLEST LASHES. Recently I even began thinking that my eyelashes have become less intense in color and there was a great lash lost. But no. They are just fair at the ends and small in length.
3. This mascara doesn’t make my lashes look clumped even if I apply two or three layers.
4. No allergic reaction or discomforting feelings, even if I apply 5 layers.
5. It’s true that the formula is buildable and I can really create a very dramatic eye look with this mascara.
6. One coat gives natural-looking, separated and long lashes. It’s perfect for daily makeup. Two or three coats look really dramatic without any nasty clumping.
7. The brush not only separates my lashes, but it also lifts and curls them up. The curl stays on the entire day.
8. My makeup with the Better Than Sex mascara looks beautiful even at the end of the day and there’s no mascara crumbling, of course if I don’t scratch my eyes.
9. Sometimes it happens when I apply some coats of mascara, the lashes look weighed down and I can feel how heavy they are. Nothing of that kind with the Better than Sex mascara. I feel comfortable wearing even 5 coats of the product. My only gripe is that the lashes start to touch my eyelids then.
10. Since the product isn’t waterproof, it easily washes off with water. So, I won’t recommend you to cry with this mascara on.
But aside all the listed advantages I still have two things which I found as disadvantages:
1. The brush is rather big hence it can easily stain my eyelids. If you accidentally stain your skin, then don't panic. Just wait for the formula to dry down and then gently remove the stain with a Q-tip.
2. If I touch my eyes, the product will crumple and stay on my under eyes. But still those fallen clumps will be very easy to remove as they don’t leave any pigment afterwards.
For me the good things about this product are more important than the bad ones but still I can’t help but mention them too.
The first day I bought this mascara and met my husband after his job I told him that there would be no sex that night, as I had a mascara that promises to be better than sex. He cunningly looked at me and said “Don’t wash it off. And at night we’ll see who takes the cake.”
I have only positive impressions using this mascara. I use it with great pleasure almost everyday and I’m really thinking about buying the full size. Good mascara is always a need, even if there are 50 other mascaras in my stash.
I assess this Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara with 5 stars and recommend it for buying.
Believe my experience!
Thanks for your attention!