If you’d ask me a couple of years ago what to do with a big red pimple, I’d have definitely said to soak this nithing with alcohol and do not worry much about it.
But I’ve changed my mind the moment I saw the COSRX One Step Pimple Clear Pad with BHA acids.
COSRX is an Asian beauty brand. The brand is relatively young but it is already famous for being concerned with the active ingredients and the result.
COSRX One Step Pimple Clear Pad is a product with cotton pads inside soaked with a serum formulated with salicylic acid, tea tree oil to fight acne. This product is a MUST as it’ll let you have only one product instead of 6 in your daily beauty routine.
Treating acne and preventing breakouts just got easier. With the COSRX One Step Pimple Clear Pads, you can reduce blemishes and breakouts. Active ingredients penetrate deeply into pores to dissolve oil and dead skin cells, to prevent further breakouts. Recommended for the face and also for blemishes on the chest and back.
This product is great as it works well not only with the existing pimples but also with the just-about-to-appear ones. If you’re feeling that you are to break out soon, just use this pad and COSRX One Step Pimple Clear Pad will help you to dry the pimple out and eventually get rid of it.
The pads themselves (there are 70 of them by the way) are soaked with a serum and packed in a jar with a membrane to protect them from drying out. The smell is good. For me they smell of tea tree and something else. It’s very important to screw the lid back on very tightly. Each pad has an even side and an embossed one.
Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Betaine Salicylate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Arginine, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Panthenol, Allantoin, Ethyl Hexanediol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Hyaluronate
How to use:
Swipe a pre-moisturized pad gently over face avoiding eye area after cleansing. You do not need to rinse off. Just continue with your normal skin care routine. Replace the lid tightly to make sure the pads stay wet and clean.
You can use the pads several times a day if you feel that your skin needs it. There’s no sticky residue or oily film afterwards. The serum sinks in fully and quickly. The manufacturer offers us only one way to use these pads, but actually have found 6! For me the product is versatile. Depending on your skin needs and demands you can easily pick up 2-3 ways too!
My own life hacks of how I use these pads:
1. Before toning my skin. (after I washed my skin with a cleansing oil and a face wash). The pads prepare my skin for a toner. Use the even side of the pad here.
2. As a toner. Here everything is very simple, just use the pad all over your face skin.
3. As an acne treatment product. I leave the pads on my skin for 20-30 minutes to dissolve acne. The pads beautifully fight redness and let the process of healing start sooner.
4. To fight blackheads. That’s my favorite way to use the pads. Just cut the pad into two pieces, put them on the areas with the blackheads (for me that’s my forehead and chin) and cover with a plastic wrap and leave for 15-20 minutes. After that swipe your skin with another side of the pad and voila, the blackheads have gone.
5. As an exfoliating product. Use the embossed side of the pad to wipe your skin paying special attention to your problem areas.
6. As cleaning wipes. I use these pads after a workout in a gym to clean my skin from impurities and sebum. My combination skin becomes moisturized and hydrated after I use them. The jar is travel-friendly and is easy to to take with me.
7. To cool and refresh my skin I store the pads in the fridge.
8. There are 70 pads in the jar but I usually cut them into two pieces as they are very big. That way I have 140 pads all in all!
Avoid your eye area. Those who have already used the BHA acids know that acids should be added into your skin care routine gradually. At first your skin can give reaction like reddening or itching. But with time it’ll get more and more used to that. And also if you are allergic to citrus then be careful as there’s orange peel oil in the ingredients. (But actually, I’m allergic to citrus and I’ve never had any bad reaction to these pads)
My impressions and the result:
I was using the One Step Pimple Clear Pad two times a day. Given that I cut them into two pieces I used them up in a month and a half. I like the effect the product shows on my skin. It exfoliates very well making my skin soft and smooth to the touch.
It also dissolves my blackheads. As the product is moisturizing I don’t have to use any other products for hydration. My skin isn’t dried out or tightened.
These pads work as 6 cosmetic products for me which is very convenient when I’m out of the house. I take only this jar and that’s all. During the day if I feel that my skin is about to break out, I take out one pad and swipe it over my skin. The cooling and fresh effect it gives is amazing! I haven’t noticed any effect in my pores minimizing though, so I use some other products for that reason.
One Step Pimple Clear Pad is a pleasant alcohol-free product that doesn’t irritate my skin. It’s ideal for summertime.
I highly recommend these pads. They are true miracles in a jar. I know it for sure that I’ll repurchase.